- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into in 1 inch slices
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Swiss cheese - shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Panko Japanese or Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Sautee asparagus for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove asparagus from pan.
- In same skillet, sautee onion in 2 tablespoons butter until onion is soft.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook for 1 minute until flour is well blended.
- Add milk and whisk until smooth. Stir in cheese and sour cream.
- Spoon asparagus into a buttered shallow baking dish.
- Top cheese mixture.
- Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minute or until golden and bubbly.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 302mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1259IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 277mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.