This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy. for more details.
Death by Chocolate Cake
- 1 package (15 ounces) devil’s food cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Whipped cream - optional
- 2 to 4 cups fresh berries - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, use a mixer and beat together the cake, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, eggs and water.
- Beat until mixed well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into a bundt pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch.
- Cool cake a bit in the pan before you carefully flip it over on a plate.
- When completely cooled, dust the cake with powdered sugar.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream and berries.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.