Chocolate Peppermint Trifle
- 1 box family size brownie mix - baked in a 9”x 13”pan, according to package directions and cut into small cubes
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces) chocolate instant pudding
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 container (16 ounces) whipped topping - thawed
- A few drops red food coloring
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy or candy canes
- Fresh mint sprig
- Add milk to dry pudding mix in medium bowl.
- Beat until pudding starts to thicken.
- Stir peppermint extract into pudding.
- Fold in 8 ounces of cool whip, Mix well.
- Mix a little red food coloring into the remaining whipped topping until it turns light pink.
- Refrigerate the pink whipped topping.
- In a large clear glass bowl or trifle dish add a layer of brownie cubes.
- Next spoon a layer of the pudding. Repeat to build layers ending with pudding.
- Cover loosely with plastic and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Right before serving remove plastic and decorate the top with a “cloud” of the reserved whipped topping.
- Sprinkle some peppermint candy on top and garnish with a fresh mint sprig.
Instead of making one big trifle, you can also make minis! Just layer the ingredients in mini trifle dishes, pretty wine glasses, or even clean ball canning jars. That way everybody gets their own dessert! What fun!
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 85mg | Potassium: 276mg | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 297IU | Calcium: 225mg | Iron: 0.01mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.