- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 6 ounces Fozen apple juice concentrate - thawed
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Red pepper - cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 Green pepper - cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 Yellow or orange pepper - cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 Red onion - cut into wedges
- 6 Fresh brats
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Beer
- 1 cup Water
- Skewers (if they’re wooden, make sure to soak ’em in water for a few hours!)
- Mustard for dipping (optional)
- Whisk together soy sauce, apple juice concentrate, and mustard.
- Pour half of the sauce over the peppers and onions and let marinate for an hour.
- Set aside the rest of the sauce.
- Place brats in large pan.
- Add water and beer and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool slightly.
- Slice each brat into 5 equal pieces and thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers with marinated vegetables.
- Brush the kabobs with that reserved marinade and grill until veggies are tender and brats are golden brown, turning and basting frequently with the reserved marinade.
- Serve with your favorite mustard on the side for dipping.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 1276mg | Potassium: 351mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 557IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Saw you do these on Fox 6 this morning – what a fantastic idea! I love that I can put these together ahead of time and not miss any of the game. Thanks for sharing…and GO PACK!