Basic Morning Muffin Mix
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cups sugar - or more if you like your muffins a little sweeter or if you’re adding tart fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Blend together the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat the milk, oil and eggs together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Gently mix.
- The batter should be a little lumpy.
- Here’s where you can have some fun and jazz up this mix the way you want to.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen fruit like blueberries, raspberries, cranberries, diced peaches, etc.
- You can also add chocolate chips or nuts.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and fill them about two-thirds of the way full.
- Place muffins in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Makes 12 regular muffins or 24 mini-muffins.
- Go for it! Make them your way!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.