Baked Brie with Apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 crunchy apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated even better)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 round wheel (8 ounces) brie cheese
- 1/2 package frozen puff pastry (one sheet) - thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans - optional
- Peel and dice one apple. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the diced apples, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir well to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the apples start to get a little soft. Let cool a bit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place puff pastry on the parchment.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the wheel of brie in half and place half on the pastry rind side down.
- Sprinkle some of the apple mixture and the pecans on top. Then top with remaining piece of cheese rind side up.
- Spoon the remaining apples and nuts on top.
- Bring puff pastry around the edges of the cheese layers.
- Flip it over so that the pretty side is facing up.
- In a bowl, beat egg and water together.
- Brush the surface of the puff pastry lightly with the egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425 degrees for 25 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool a few minutes, then transfer to a serving platter with a knife. Cut the other apple into sliced. Serve warm brie with crackers or crusty French bread and apples.
Calories: 659kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 532mg | Potassium: 282mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 460IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.