Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- 1 to 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 to 4 Boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Cold water + 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/3 cup Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 4 cloves Fresh garlic - minced
- 2 tsp Ketchup or Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Chopped green onions - optional
- 1 tbsp Toasted sesame seeds - for garnish (optional)
- Hot cooked rice
- Chop chicken into 2 inch pieces.
- Add to a large resealable bag and add 1/3 cup of corn starch.
- Seal and shake to coat chicken.
- You can also toss chicken with the cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet. Heat oil until hot.
- Add chicken and sauté 1-2 minutes (just to brown the very outside, chicken should not be cooked through) and remove from heat.
- Add to slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cold water and 2 tablespoons corn starch until dissolved.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ketchup or Sriracha, and rice wine vinegar, and whisk well to combine.
- Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over hot cooked rice, and top with green onions and or sesame seeds if desired.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 822mg | Potassium: 191mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 103IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.