- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cans whole kernel corn drained or vegetable of your choice
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1-2 cans sliced mushrooms - optional
- Instant mashed potato mix
- Butter or margarine
- Shredded cheese - optional
- Brown ground beef with onion soup mix and mushrooms if you are using them.
- Place in bottom of greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour over the 2 cans of corn or the vegetable of choice.
- Prepare approximately 12 servings of instant mashed potatoes – you can make home made if you prefer.
- Spread potato mixture over top of corn and beef, use a rubber spatula sprayed with cooking spray for ease of spreading.
- Dot top with butter or margarine.
- Bake at 350 degrees for half an hour.
- If you’d like to jazz it up or for a change of pace, add some shredded cheese over top of the beef or on top of potato’s near the end.
My oldest son absolutely LOVES this. It was his request every time he came home on leave from the Marine Corps and he still calls to tell me to whip up a batch!
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 510mg | Potassium: 340mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.