- 2 cups white wine
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 whole vanilla beans - split and scraped
- 4 pears - peeled leaving the stem intact
- Place the white wine, water, sugar and vanilla bean in a saucepan.
- Add peeled pears and bring to a soft boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once pears are tender, remove from syrup.
- Using a melon baller, core the pears from the bottom.
- Serve standing upright.
- Garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon if you like.
These can be served warm or chilled.
Calories: 510kcal | Carbohydrates: 127g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.04g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 117g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.