- 1 loaf Unsliced French Bread
- 1/2 cup Butter - melted
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp Chopped chives or scallions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut “X” slices in your bread, not cutting all the way through, to make little squares you can stuff in between cuts.
- Use your fingers to pull the squares apart a bit so you can stuff it easier.
- Melt butter.
- Mix in lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, and mustard.
- Whisk well until combined.
- Wrap bottom of bread large piece of heavy duty foil.
- Pour butter mixture evenly throughout all the little crevices in your bread.
- Stuff cheese around in the same way.
- Use the foil to wrap up the bread completely.
- Place bread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 20 minutes or until cheese is well melted and bread gets toasted.
- Sprinkle chives, or scallions on top.
- Serve right away warm out of the oven.
- Pull apart to serve.
- You can also grill the bread over indirect heat. Be careful not to burn the bottom.
- Do not put it over direct heat.
- Great served as an appetizer or with soups or stews!
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 500mg | Potassium: 145mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 325IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 303mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.