- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded (could also use leftover Thanksgiving turkey)
- 8 potatoes cooked and made in to mashed potatoes (using a small amount of butter, milk, and salt and pepper to taste…Could also substitute instant mashed but itss not quite as tasty)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 box of stove top chicken or cornbread stuffing prepared to box directions
- Combine cooked chicken breasts into mashed potato mixture and spread on to bottom of casserole dish.
- Next, spread the two cans of cream of mushroom soup on top of that layer…
- Finally, put the prepared stuffing mix as the top layer…
- Cook in a 400 degree oven until the stuffing mixture is browned slightly.
Serve with vegetables, cranberry sauce and rolls and you have yourself a SUPER easy meal that tastes just like Thanksgiving. My kids are really picky eaters but they devour this!!!
Calories: 443kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 847mg | Potassium: 1192mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 4mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
I would use Cream of Chicken Soup …
I added craisans to the casserole…it was awesome. Almost like a side of cranberry sauce mixed in.
If you substituted instant mashed potatoes how much would you use?
I would make about 6 to 8 servings of instant mashed potatoes. -Amy
Instead of the mushroom soup, could I use leftover gravy?
Sure Karla! I think gravy would be great!