Oriental Broccoli Slaw
- 1 bags broccoli slaw mix
- 1 pkgs. (3 ounces) oriental flavor ramen noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup of vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or white distilled vinegar
- Crush the ramen noodles a bit.
- Heat butter in a large skillet.
- Over medium heat, carefully toast noodles and almonds in the butter for a few minutes until golden, stirring often.
- Let cool and place in an airtight container.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake together the oil, sugar, vinegar, and one seasoning packet from the ramen noodles.
- Toss dressing together with the slaw.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least a few hours.
- Right before serving, stir in the scallions, sunflower seeds, noodles, and almonds.
Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 397mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 413IU | Vitamin C: 80mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.