1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp allspice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
⅓ cup vegetable oil
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup canned plain pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
½ cup low-fat milk
1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray each cup in a 24-cup mini muffin tin with baking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves.
3. In a separate, large bowl whisk together oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin, and milk until smooth.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined – do not over mix!
5. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. While the donuts/muffins bake, melt butter in a small bowl and combine white sugar and cinnamon in another bowl.
7. Remove muffins from oven and cool for a few minutes, or until just cool enough to handle.
8. Dip each muffin in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon sugar to coat.
These baked donuts are actually mini-muffins, but once you coat them in some cinnamon and sugar it is hard to tell! Enjoy!